ReShade 4.9.1, the official, untouched, and genuine old version of this powerful tool, is still available for you to download. Our commitment to offering unaltered downloads ensures that you get the same software as you would from the official website.
ReShade 4.9.1 is an exceptional open-source Windows utility designed to cater to gamers who wish to enhance their gaming experience in titles such as Sim4, Dove 2.0, QuantV, GTA V, and Roblox. This versatile tool works its magic by enhancing game colors and graphics, providing a visually immersive experience.
Notable Features and Updates in ReShade 4.9.1:
- Effortlessly modify your Metal Slug game.
- Introducing effect caching to boost processing speed and reduce in-game lag.
- Enhanced support for D3D12on7, enabling use in Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows 7.
- Improved depth buffer detection in Minecraft.
- Resolved GPU crash issues that plagued ReShade 4.9.0.
Where to Download ReShade 4.9.1:
While we recommend obtaining the latest ReShade version, you can always revert to the trusted ReShade 4.9.1 version from our site if you encounter compatibility issues with your game.
Latest Update in ReShade Version 4.9.1:
- Added support for “asint” and “asfloat” under shader model 3 through emulated implementation.
- Improved sorting of depth stencil objects in the UI list to prevent excessive list movement.
- Resolved GPU crash when switching depth buffers and missing depth buffer data in some D3D12 effects, notably in Cyberpunk 2077.
- Fixed code generation for loops under D3D9, addressing artifacts and slowdowns with certain effects, such as Deband.fx.
- The splash bar at the top now correctly disappears after a swap chain reset.
- Variable list now disappears after disabling all techniques of a cached effect.
- D3D9 effects no longer recompile unnecessarily, even when no changes were made and they are cached.
- UI issues resolved when uniform variable requests slider widgets without setting “ui_min” or “ui_max” limits.
- Saving in the editor now updates the error list after effect reload.
- Improved Vulkan depth buffer binding update when an effect contains multiple textures referencing the depth semantic.
- “frexp” intrinsic now writes integral exponent rather than floating-point, ensuring GLSL/SPIR-V compatibility.
ReShade: Enhancing Your Gaming Experience
ReShade is a versatile post-processing injector for games and video software, developed by crosire. It opens the door to enhancing your favorite games with ambient occlusion, depth of field effects, color correction, and more. The tool offers a universal method for accessing both frame color and depth information, with depth information being automatically disabled in multiplayer to maintain a fair gaming environment.
ReShade supports a broad range of rendering APIs, including Direct3D 9, Direct3D 10, Direct3D 11, Direct3D 12, OpenGL, and Vulkan. To utilize ReShade, you’ll need a Windows-based PC running Windows 7 SP1, 8.1, 10, or 11, and .NET Framework 4.6.2 or higher.
ReShade introduces its own shading language and compiler known as ReShade FX. This language, based on HLSL, comes with advanced features tailored for developing post-processing effects. With it, you can define and use textures within the shader code, manipulate render states, retrieve data such as timers and key states, and more. The unique aspect is that you write your shaders once, and ReShade handles the compilation, ensuring compatibility with Direct3D or OpenGL.
With ReShade 5.0, a powerful add-on API has been introduced, allowing the creation of add-ons for both ReShade and the games it enhances. For comprehensive details, consult the documentation.
Elevate your gaming experience with ReShade and explore its potential to transform your virtual worlds into visually captivating realms.